Welcome to the Aquinas Newman Center, the Roman Catholic Community at University of New Mexico!
We're a ministry of the Archdiocese of Santa Fe, staffed by the Dominican Fathers and Brothers.
Since 1936 the Newman Center has provided pastoral care to the students, faculty, and staff of UNM.
We invite you to visit our community.
- May 4th & May 5th. Concert featuring Mr. John Angotti from Memphis, TN. John is an amazing performer and an experienced lay preacher. His contemporary style of music, keyboard artistry and beautiful voice, combined with his love of God and commitment to the church, all make for a very rich and inspiring experience.
- Two concerts:
- 1) Saturday evening, May 4, at 7:00 PM in the chapel
- 2) Sunday noon, May 5, following the 11:00 mass (30-minute mini-concert).
- Mission Trip Fundraising - Delicious Biscotti will be sold after each Mass on Saturaday and Sunday.
- Baccalaureate Mass Sunday May 5th 5:00 PM, cookout to follow.
- Final Student Mass and Student Meal of the semester.
Aquinas Newman Center hosted a reception this week welcoming the new Endowed Chair for Catholic Studies at the University of New Mexico—Dr. Katie Holscher.
Introduced by Dr. Rich Wood PhD, Sociology Chair at UNM and Newman parishioner and welcomed by Fr. Dan Davis, OP—Pastor of Aquinas Newman Center, Abbot Joel Garner of the Santa Maria de la Vid Norbertine Community; Dr. Mark Peceny PhD, UNM Dean of Arts and Sciences (another Newman parishioner), Dr. Dolly Sokol, PhD of the Archdiocese of Santa Fe Office of Development; and Kris Coffey, Chairperson for the Dominican Ecclesial Institute and a good representation from the regents and academic staff of the University of New Mexico and Aquinas Newman.
Also present were members of the search committee for this Endowed Chair and two major financial donors, Dorothy & Larry Rainosek—long time parishioners and supporters of the mission and programs of the Aquinas Newman Center.
Welcome Dr. Katie Holscher!